Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Next Hurdle

This project that I have started is really starting to get exciting for me! It been really fun reading the literature looking for the section that I want to use for my video. But as I've been putting together some story boards for my Screwtape project I am realizing there are some challenges that I hadn't anticipated.

First, The Screwtape Letters is a pretty dense book. C.S. Lewis presents a lot of dense material in every paragraph of text. Really it is one of the reason that I love this book so much. There is just so much to think about it in every paragraph. But, when you are listening it can be easy to space out the bigger words and not pay attention as well to the ideas. So my task right now it to find a passage that is simple enough that it will be easy to watch but profound enough to showcase Lewis' depth. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Taylor! Thanks for reading my review and visiting my blog.

    One of my favorite parts of the Screwtape Letters is Chapter 20, particularly the passage that starts "In a rough and ready way...." The part in which Screwtape talks about the use of popular artists, advertisers and dressmakers (the fashion gods as we know them today) always shocks me. It is SO relevant to the Hollywood and mass media phenomenon today that tells us it is cool or desirable to dress a certain way, drink certain drinks and behave in certain ways — all of which are warned against in scripture. "The aim is to guide each sex away from those members of the other with whom spiritually helpful, happy and fertile marriages are most likely." I always try to remember that when I catch myself getting caught up in the fad of today and worrying about worldly cares.

    Hope that helps! I am reading several more Lewis novels so "follow" my blog and keep an eye out for them!

    ReplyDelete