Thursday, May 5, 2011

Today I Hit the Wall

I have never been very good about getting into solid daily routines. The closest thing to a routine in my life lately seems to be posting past 11 pm. Yesterday in class Dr. Burton my English 295 professor told us about how he has gone through different periods of his life where he wrote a sonnet everyday. And these were not short periods these were years of writing poems everyday. The last time around he even kept a blog about it, sharing his poetry with the world. I was so impressed! As he talked about all of the benefits that he received from doing this activity I was inspired. I wanted to do something like that. I am far from a poet though so I decided that I was going to blog daily and document the way it changes my life. Well apparently that excitement lasted all of about two days because I did not want to write tonight.


It feels like my days of playing Lacrosse for my high school (see bottom for Lacrosse video that helped me procrastinate). After about the fourth day of practice I was tired and sore and couldn't remember why I wanted to play the stupid game in the first place. That time of despair is affectionately referred to by athletes as the wall. The point in which you just don't want to continue. But then you push through that wall and a few days later you loved life and your sport again. I feel like I am hitting that wall all over again just in a different way. I thought ill just go bookmark some stuff on Diigo rate a couple things on goodreads.com and call it good. But that isn't what I resolved to do. Do you ever have those battles with yourself? So tonight I did it! And it will only get easier :)

1 comment:

  1. Taylor, I feel ya. I made a goal blog post during class on Wednesday, and I already want to give up, but we can do it!!

    ReplyDelete