Friday, May 27, 2011

Creating our eBook

As a class my English 295 we are contemplating writing an eBook for our final project. I think that this is such a great idea for a final project for a couple different reasons. I think that writing an eBook is a project that could be divided up pretty equally and easily. We all already studying a literary work and writing criticism for them. We could easily all write up our findings in an interesting light and produce worthwhile content. We also could all contribute to other aspects of the eBook. Splitting into smaller groups we could have a committee that is in charge of design, one in charge of editing, and other specific projects that we would need to complete to publish this eBook. Why I like this set up is that it is a project that we all get to work on together, yet, by being split into smaller groups with specific tasks we would be accountable for our specific responsibilities.

As for a topic I am most enamored by Alymarie's idea that she proposed in class about doing something focused on our LDS faith. We could look at our literature through an LDS or religious lens and write accordingly. We go to a very special university and that presents us with an opportunity to work with a group of talented individuals who have very similar beliefs. I think that is something that we knowledge in and would be valuable to a tangible audience. My ideas is still in a formative process but I really like this direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment