Monday, May 16, 2011

How Do I Connect With You Screwtape?

I am really enjoying going through C.S Lewis' The Screwtape Letters again. But my task is to look at it through a different lense or try to percieve it differntly this time. Here are a few of my ideas tell me what you think.

1. I want to study the different groups of people that read and write about this book. Especially interesting to me is all the different religious backrounds that are brought to the table with everyone that reads this book. I think it would be neat to ask how it meshes with their religion, maybe asking questions about section that I feel are in line with LDS theology but see how different people react.

2. Another option is to look at C.S. Lewis' life and what factors influenced his writing of the book. Is it a journey of discovery or presentation of collected prepared thoughts.

3. With my passion for audio and other formats I think it would be interesting to see how this book can elicit different results with different formats. The ones that I'm really interested in are the new dramatized version, regular audio, and the theater production.

3 comments:

  1. Numbers 1 and 3 are my favorites. I think any of these would be really interesting! I'm excited to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted to read The Screwtape Letters for a while. I am excited to see how these different perspectives affect the reading of the book. Keep us updated on the process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each of these holds great possibility, and I hope to see you explore them all. I'm also glad to see an "in-process" post where you are feeling out directions. Hopefully the feedback you get will shape your onward work.

    ReplyDelete