Thursday, June 16, 2011

Did I Accomplish the Learning Outcomes?

As I reflected what happened over this past term my drifted back to those first days in class. "I just want to warn you" cautioned Dr. Burton, "I'm kind of a radical teacher. Am I right Bri?" Then Bri in answer just kind of nodding her approval. If only I would have known. If I would understood the amount of work that was going to go into this adventure I imagine I probably would have left the class. But even in the face of that giant work load if I would have been able to see how much I've grown over the course of the term, I wouldn't have hesitated.

So I learned a lot, and I thought it was worth it. So what? Did I accomplish the outcomes of learning that were also presented to us the first day in class. To be honest I couldn't remember exactly what those outcomes were other than the ubiquitious phrases, consume, create, and connect. So I emailed Dr. Burton and had him send me another copy of the syllabus. As I looked over the outcomes I can say empatically, Yes. I accomplished the learning outcomes.






I able to effectively study my literary text and create arguments and generate insights that I was able to write in a meaningful and iteresting way. But most importantly I learned different methods of seeking out secondary sources in both a formal academic sense, and more informal sources.



My most sucessfull area in the this outcome was in developing my online presence. Before this class my online presense was non-existent! But with tools such as my daily blog, goodreads and diigo, I find myself more connected and aware of those around me. I was also about to produce some interesting content that I am very proud of.

 

Finally this is the area that I feel like I grew the most in. I still have a long way to go but my progress was great. I was able to contact authors of blogs and get their feelings on my text the Screwtape Letters, when before this experience I could have never brought myself to do so. I also did things like start a group in goodreads. The most that I did thought was my participation in creating the webinar to launch our eBook. It took help from many different sources to get it all put together, as well as those that I invited to the event

No comments:

Post a Comment